Cé Mhéad Cat 1
About Cé Mhéad Cat? (Past and Future Tense of Irregular Verbs)
D’ith mé, Tháinig mé, Chuala mé, Chonaic mé, Chuaigh mé, Thug mé, Rinne mé, Fuair mé, Bhí mé, Dúirt mé, Rúg mé , Íosfaidh mé, Tiocfaidh mé , Cloisfidh mé ,Feicfidh mé, Rachaidh mé, Tabharfaidh mé, Déanfaidh mé, Gheobhaidh mé, Beidh mé,Déarfaidh mé, Béarfaidh mé
How to play:
- Spin the spinner on the playing board
- Match the past tense verb (where the spinner landed) with the corresponding future tense verb (on the playing cards)
- If players are unsure if they are matching the verbs correctly they can check on the ‘Verb List Card’ which is included.
- If the player has matched the corresponding past and future tense verbs correctly, then they turn over the card to see how many points they earned (which are shown in the form of cats).
- The winner is the player that collects the most points (cats).
(Please note: more detailed instructions are included with the game (written in English and Irish).
Contents: 22 cards, 1 spinner board, 1 verb list card (with phonetic assistance) and an instruction leaflet.
- The teacher could have one group working on the game as he/she worked with the other groups in the class. It might be a good idea to assign one child in the group to be the ‘checker’. He/she could use the ‘Verb List Card’ to check that the children are matching the verbs correctly.
- If 4 or 5 sets of the game were purchased the teacher could have each group working on the verbs at the same time. The teacher could then work with one of the groups who were struggling, or needed extra help.
- The verbs on the spinner board could also be used as sentence starters ( if you wanted to adapt the game slightly).
- Parents/siblings/friends could play this game this game together. Instructions are included in Irish and English. In addition, there is a ‘Verb List Card’ included so that players can check the meaning of the verb and how it show be pronounced.
- As above, the verbs on the spinner board could also be used as sentence starters (if you wanted to adapt the game slightly).
Out of stock
Smarty Cat Games
Smarty Cat Games has developed several language resources to assist children with learning Irish in a fun and informal manner.
These games ensure that children become more actively involved in their own learning, thus acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to become more competent in the Irish language.